Westmill Solar aims to achieve real social and environmental impact. The solar park is a significant local project, and we have always believed that the community should share in the benefits.
As part of our expanded community benefit activities, we have launched a community grants scheme. Non-profit community organisations in Oxfordshire or within 25 miles of the Westmill site can apply for grants between £500 and £5000. We accept applications directly from any eligible organisation, and we encourage our members to help to focus our community funding in the right places by referring their favourite projects or organisations to the scheme.
To benefit local communities, we are looking for projects and activities that align with one or more of our co-operative principles:
- Education, training and sharing information
- Co-operation (with co-operatives and similar social enterprises)
- Could your local community group use more funds on activities helping people reduce their carbon footprints?
- Do you know of a local charity or project helping those in fuel poverty?
- Members can already nominate a community building for a free energy audit , would a grant help fund the recommended energy efficiency measures?
The deadline is 12 noon on Monday 28 September 2020.
For more details, and the forms and guidance, see here